Re: Help Needed For SFTP

From: Richard E. Silverman (slade@shore.net)
Date: 03/18/03

    From: slade@shore.net (Richard E. Silverman)
    Date: 17 Mar 2003 18:22:02 -0500

        JN> Hi, All: I am having problems to use sftp service that is running
        JN> on Windows NT server and I'm getting the following errors. The ssh
        JN> is working fine but sftp is not. Any help is appreciated.

    There are no "errors," per se, in the output -- it look as if sshd cannot
    start the sftp server. Follow

    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/general-debugging.auto.html

    To track down the problem.

    --
      Richard Silverman
      slade@shore.net

    • Re: FC6 VPN
      ... Then you can run any application you would like off the server by simply running it, or if you want to run a whole session, use gnomesession. ... ssh client that supports X forwarding, which is want you want to be looking at. ... SSH allows you to forward any local port to any remote port. ... If you need to connect to, say a windows share, you would forward your local port to the linux server through the ssh tunnel. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: OpenSSH Windows Security
      ... SFTP is typically defined as using an SSH capable FTP client to connect ... It uses the "native" commands on the server to provide ... (does Tuxcmd have a Windows port)? ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Pasting via ssh causes data loss
      ... sftp of the file to the remote and ... I then opened an ssh session to a FreeBSD ... errors shown on the interface of the server? ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: OT: Open Source Citrix?
      ... session over an SSH tunnel. ... the massive performance hit it will inevitably lay on your PC. ... use it to access my Linux server over a 1.5/1 Mb/s ... very un-fond memories of windows x-servers. ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)