Accessing CVS through an SSH portal

From: B. Joshua Rosen (bjrosen@polybus.com)
Date: 03/11/03

From: "B. Joshua Rosen" <bjrosen@polybus.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:24:24 -0500

How do I access CVS through an SSH portal? Is there a specific port
number for CVS that I can port forward, if so what is it?

To clarify, I'm accessing a private network through an SSH portal. The
SSH server doesn't have the CVS directories mounted so it's not as simple
as setting CVS_RSH to ssh and setting the CVSROOT to :ext:portal:/path.
I have to go through the SSH portal to another machine on the network. Is
there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: aide 0.9, anybody
    ... Rami, on freebsd-security I reported problems getting aide-0.9 to ... submitted a port for aide-0.9. ... mostly on the CVS version. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Survey question re sourceforge & cvs
    ... Now how many of you have used the current fc6 version of cvs ... traceroutes to sourceforge are delayed many seconds at the ... Yeah, sure, it's right in the TOS that port 80 is blocked. ... not on outbound connections - there is a differentiation called source ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: CVS checkout behind firewall proxy
    ... > I'm trying to do a cvs checkout from a debian beast on the company ... > I'm connected to the internet via a proxy firewall. ... Get the admins to open that port. ... network that then translates the traffic over to port 2401. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: CVS removal from the base
    ... the ports tree only has the "latest" version or two; ... So it's entirely possible the "CVS" port maintainer updates the port ... And then we lose a whole lot of what public "good" opinion FreeBSD ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Survey question re sourceforge & cvs
    ... Gene Heskett wrote: ... Now how many of you have used the current fc6 version of cvs ... via cvs commands since each setup is different. ... Yeah, sure, it's right in the TOS that port 80 is blocked. ...
    (Fedora)