Re: Easier alternative to scp?

From: Sreenivas Devalla (sdevalla@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/26/03

    From: Sreenivas Devalla <sdevalla@yahoo.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:21:58 GMT

    Other alternative is to use sftp. sftp is just like ftp but secure.
    Login once and keep the connection open until you finish your work. If
    you want to reuse the ssh connection for sftp also just do a "ssh port"
    (22) forwarding from your local machine to your remote just the way you
    are doing for the VNC. If there is already a ssh server running on
    your local machine forward another port (say 2200) to your remote
    machine port 22, pass this port to sftp as an option to open the
    connection..

       sftp -o Port=2200 127.0.0.1

    If you don't want to login everytime try ssh-agent.

    HTH
    -- Sreenivas