Re: Establishing a SSH Connection

From: Juha Laiho (Juha.Laiho@iki.fi)
Date: 02/11/03

From: Juha Laiho <Juha.Laiho@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:37:00 GMT

"Dennis Hueckelheim" <dennis.hueckelheim@issdh.com> said:
>i want to write an WinApllication wich will a "remote control" of a
>LinuxApplication. I think the best way is to use a SSH connection and
>sending the right command.
>
>My Problem is: Where can i get informations about the SSH protocol?

>From IETF. F.ex., use Google to locate a document named
draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-13.txt (the title being "SSH Protocol
Arhitecture") and continue with the pointers included in that.

Finding the documents is the easy part in this case. Implementing the
protocol according to the documents (and so that you don't introduce
implementation-based security flaws) will be the difficult one.

--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland

  • SSH Protocol Trick
    ... SSH Protocol Weakness Advisory ... software /configuration files, for SSH protocol version 1, or 2. ... Servers in compatability mode have both protocols 1 and 2 enabled. ... that strict host key checking is always on! ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: background processes?
    ... SSH waits for eof on stdin because it doesn't know whether ... has *nothing at all to do* with the SSH protocol. ... all cases what the "right" time is to end the connection. ... requirement that this script not block because of a failure of the SSH ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Transferring files over SSH in the console
    ... would _prefer_ just one terminal window for both commands and ... I believe the ssh protocol (not necessarily the ssh ... That would be more of a feature request than a complaint. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cannot ssh login with expired password
    ... The fault lies in the current definition of the SSH protocol. ... SSH2 had these features, and that is why most client s/w first tried ... So your statement "The fault lies in the current definition of the SSH ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Network again!
    ... obviously doesn't know the SSH protocol therefore the errors ... Opening SSH connection to 192.168.1.2 ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)