Re: rsync + ssh + rbash

From: Alessandro Selli (adoro.lo.spam@libero.it)
Date: 01/29/03

From: Alessandro Selli <adoro.lo.spam@libero.it>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:14:58 +0100

Il giorno Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Erwan cosė ha scritto:

|From: Erwan <erwanpianezza@my-deja.com>
|Date: 29 Jan 2003 03:04:17 -0800
|Subject: rsync + ssh + rbash
|
|Hi, I am trying to connect a user with rsync + shh
|
|it works fine when the user has a /bin/bash shell
|
|but I would like to restrict the shell to its home, so I tried the
|following rbash shell
|
|#!/bin/bash
|/bin/bash --restricted

  The correct way to do this, is creating a /bin/rbash symlink to /bin/bash
and setting that, /bin/rbash, as the users' shell.

  Sandro

--
Bellum se ipsum alet
       La guerra nutre se stessa

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh works / scp fails - thanks to login script output !
    ... I got ssh to work, but scp kept failing. ... If rsync is an option I am okay with that as well, ... You can verify if your shell is doing this by executing: ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: [opensuse] rsync with password?
    ... I'm trying to connect to a remote rsync server. ... rssh as the shell and rsync is one of the few allowed programs to run. ... Since the remote path only uses one colon, that means you are using either ssh or rsh as the communication layer, not rsync itself. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] rsync with password?
    ... I'm trying to connect to a remote rsync server. ... rssh as the shell and rsync is one of the few allowed programs to run. ... Since the remote path only uses one colon, that means you are using either ssh or rsh as the communication layer, not rsync itself. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: rbash
    ... |The users have rbash. ... bash to have a full bash ... a specific directory, say /usr/restricted/bin/, and their PATH environment be ... Restricted shell users will not be able to change ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Restricted Shells or Menu Based Shells
    ... > Can anyone recommend a good restricted or menu based shell? ... Perhaps bash -r, or "rbash"? ... I know pine is a bit of a ...
    (Focus-Linux)