Re: linux hop-by-hop auomated SSH login

From: Andras Szekely (andras.szekely@nospam.ericsson.se)
Date: 01/27/03

From: "Andras Szekely" <andras.szekely@nospam.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:09:30 +0100

<andras.szekely@nospam.ericsson.se> writes:

> >dunno if it's a question here every week, but could someone help if I
need
> >to login to a system that is a couple of unix boxes away?
> >This should be done in an automated way, from a linux box.
>
> Well, since the syntax is "ssh user@host command..." you could try
> something like this:
>
> ssh user_a@host_a ssh user_b@host_b ssh user_c@host_c
>
> If you have your public keys set up, it should plug you straight into
> host_c without asking for a single password.

My problem is that let's say I have an open terminal window.
The script will send ssh user_a@host_a into that terminal session.
Fine, a new SSH shell will open, connecting me to host_a.
Then the script will send ssh user_b@host_b again into my original terminal
window, not into the freshly opened shell.
Do you think it will be able to cnnect thru the previous SSH session?

I'm a bit confused, so I guess my question itself could be wrong.

BR
Andras

Relevant Pages

  • Re: pppd pty equivilent in FBSD
    ... I let pppd manage retries & setting routes. ... >I wouldn't personally recommend vpn over ssh for anyone either, ... I'm the sole bsd user at my company, and the ppp over ssh ... >Actual bash script I call: ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Sessions names
    ... ssh 192.168.2.80??? ... You can write a wrapper script that would start ssh to some ip and rename the ... konsole session dynamically. ... dcop call to konsole you need to know the pid of konsole. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Hacker activity?
    ... >login to a server, most as root but some are attempts to login to ... >telnet, all come from the same remote server, and all fail. ... >getting some odd cgi calls to a script on a secure ssl server. ... Make sure root cannot login to your system via ssh. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Learning Expect - Some help with a straightforward script + advice on cleaner ways to do thi
    ...  This is the first script of a few to go across multiple servers, but basically I have a very, very, very outdated hosts file that needs to be updated, as well as servers whose ... This script is used to ensure servers are up and running. ... # Need a way to check for an ssh time out/hang on connect ... # - Checking if the ssh session is connecting and then getting term'd ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Ive been hacked...tips for a postmortem?
    ... > for keywords, like the email address in the `mailme' script, see if it ... www.openssh.com) That SSH1 is not to be used for anything other than ... SSH at all. ... an SSH vulnerability is to place in your startup scripts (usually rc.M, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)