Re: linux hop-by-hop auomated SSH login

From: Pierre Asselin (
Date: 01/23/03

From: Pierre Asselin <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:50:03 +0000 (UTC)

In <b0lrmi$4e1$> "Andras Szekely" <> writes:

>dunno if it's a question here every week, but could someone help if I need
>to login to a system that is a couple of unix boxes away?
>This should be done in an automated way, from a linux box.

Well, since the syntax is "ssh user@host command..." you could try
something like this:

    ssh user_a@host_a ssh user_b@host_b ssh user_c@host_c

If you have your public keys set up, it should plug you straight into
host_c without asking for a single password.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mail servers and email clients
    ... means all I get is "the mail server is not responding", ... Thunderbird *can* login and collect mail? ... Dunno - what does's Connection Doctor say? ...
  • I want a suggestion to write a script for automation
    ... there are many unix boxes taht are interconnected to be a ... run our own protocols, and our job is to test these protocols. ... lot of xterm consoles and login using telnet. ...
  • Re: Flash Issues on old 32 bit pc
    ... dunno where to go from here? ... If still no joy make a new user and login as that user and ... system wide problem or a user settings problem. ...
  • Re: OT: Hotmail
    ... login page, from or ... Dunno. ... MSN services were down for a bit but appear to be behaving now. ...