Re: .ssh/rc not given proto / cookie

From: Richard E. Silverman (
Date: 01/06/03

From: (Richard E. Silverman)
Date: 06 Jan 2003 04:30:06 -0500

>> This is not clear -- is "my system" the local or remote host? If
>> it's local, then have you checked that the remote host is running a
>> version of SSH which uses the rc file? That's the one that's
>> relevant here.

    IF> yes, it runs the version that uses the rc files, because if i add
    IF> debug messages i see them appearing (but proto and cookie are
    IF> empty)

Well, what version *is* it then?

Have you verified that X forwarding is actually being enabled & working?
The information would be absent if not.

  Richard Silverman

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Partial SNAFUs - X11Forwarding etc.
    ... to the base server machine via SSH, or it it also supposed to protect ... back "up the line" to the client machine? ... the ssh server host is compromised or otherwise untrustworthy, ... refrain from running the program via ssh X11 forwarding - there's no ...
  • Re: SSH through wireless router
    ... When you say that I should try ssh ... Connection closed by remote host ... When I went to sshd to port 2222: ... debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA ...
  • Re: Whats the deal on the -X vs -Y thing?
    ... As a quick fix you could use something like this as your remote ssh ... chain is compromised (eg at either the tty layer, X11 forwarding port ... forwarding would not be needed on the intermediate hosts. ...
  • Re: How do I port forward through 2 remote hosts?
    ... You gave a port number. ... desktop to a remote host for many years. ... I have read through the SSH FAQ which did nothing to help me ... loss to understand what remote forwardings (as opposed to local ...
  • Re: Openssh Port Forwarding Confusion
    ... >Now for my Port forwarding question. ... So far what I have extracted about ssh port ... You connect to a port on the SSH client. ...