putty error: assertion failed

From: Alexander Heinze (alexander.heinze@berlin.de)
Date: 01/01/03

From: "Alexander Heinze" <alexander.heinze@berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 17:59:39 +0100

Hi!

I'm using WinXP and putty 0.53 (same error in earlier versions).
On Win 2000 computers this error don't occure...

I'm using tunnels with destination.

For example:
host: blabla.com
destination: foobla.org
port: 5555
(i've added the tunnel)
i logged in to blabla.com and i call in my browser:
http://localhost:5555
sometimes i get the first page, but when i click a link
the following error occured...

Assertion failed!

Program:...\putty.exe
File: tree234.c
Line: 536

Expression: relation == REL234_LT || relation == REL234_GT

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HTTP(S) tunnels used to violate firewall
    ... making destination filtering all but impossible. ... > ISA 2000 can only block by destination if all web requests use the web ... > tunnels, very diffucult to intercept and block. ... > tunnels, it was easy to block the required ports, but over 80 and 443, ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: HTTP(S) tunnels used to violate firewall
    ... The problem with many of these is that many of them are peer-peer setups, making destination filtering all but impossible. ... ISA 2000 can only block by destination if all web requests use the web proxy service, but ISA 2004 can block on destination ... HTTPtunnels seem to be getting a bit more popular, ... tunnels, it was easy to block the required ports, but over 80 and 443, ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: SSH tunnel monitoring
    ... I can now see which tunnels are up or down, ... Ideally, it would track local port, destination ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: HTTP(S) tunnels used to violate firewall
    ... It's the ones that operate as peer-peer that make it impossible to block on destination. ... invisible to ISA. ... > tunnels, very diffucult to intercept and block. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)