Re: Options for password expiration and SSH?

From: arvidjaar (cku192@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/28/02

From: "arvidjaar" <cku192@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:30:04 +0300

"all mail refused" <elvis@notatla.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:slrnb0r1pr.34k.elvis@notatla.demon.co.uk...
> In article <m1lm2a96mz.gnus@usa.net>, those who know me have no need of
> my name wrote:
> >in comp.security.ssh i read:
> >
> >>What are my options as far as getting password expiration working on a
> >>free SSH server?
>
> >your options are: do some coding, or dump ssh and use something else
(e.g.,

> Are you sure you want password expiration ? Can you show it has any
benefits ?

It is not a question of benefits. It is often a question of local security
policy. Take it or leave it.

=arvi=

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Options for password expiration and SSH?
    ... >>free SSH server? ... Are you sure you want password expiration? ... brand new account unused for 7 days - locked until SA intervenes. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Options for password expiration and SSH?
    ... What are my options as far as getting password expiration working on a free ... SSH server? ... Is there a working patch for password expiration for any version of OpenSSH? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)