Re: Options for password expiration and SSH?

From: all mail refused (
Date: 12/28/02

From: (all mail refused)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:08:46 +0000 (UTC)

In article <>, those who know me have no need of
my name wrote:
>in i read:
>>What are my options as far as getting password expiration working on a
>>free SSH server?

>your options are: do some coding, or dump ssh and use something else (e.g.,

Are you sure you want password expiration ? Can you show it has any benefits ?

Is this of the type
    password 60 days old - pick a new one
    account unused for 60 days - locked until SA intervenes
    brand new account unused for 7 days - locked until SA intervenes.

IMO the first these is undesirable.

decoy mail addresses: obtain username via 0x4f/tcp or 0x50/tcp

Relevant Pages