Re: public dsa authorised_keys works but not rsa

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 12/16/02

From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:21:11 GMT

news:<BOyK9.2666$_S2.1621@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>...
> > "jon" <jon.lodge@thistle.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > I am trying to set up scp transfers from one unix server to another.
> > > To make it as simple as possible, I am using the authorised_keys file
> > > to negate the use of a password. However, although I can get this to
> > > work using dsa encrypted keys I am unable to get this to work with rsa
> > > encryption.
> > >
> > > Could this be something to do with the versions of openssh I am
> > > running (OpenSSH_2.9.9p2) or is there something else I need do?
> >
> > UPGRADE NOW!
> >
> > You've just announced to the world both that your system is vulnerable
> > local user root exploits, and that you don't make time to update your
> > security software and are probably an inviting target.
>
> Thanks,
>
> All systems patched to date. ssh is for LAN use only.
>
> But lesson learnt.

Good move. Did It happen to help with the RSA key issue?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: public dsa authorised_keys works but not rsa
    ... >> I am trying to set up scp transfers from one unix server to another. ... >> work using dsa encrypted keys I am unable to get this to work with rsa ... > UPGRADE NOW! ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: public dsa authorised_keys works but not rsa
    ... > I am trying to set up scp transfers from one unix server to another. ... > work using dsa encrypted keys I am unable to get this to work with rsa ... UPGRADE NOW! ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • public dsa authorised_keys works but not rsa
    ... I am trying to set up scp transfers from one unix server to another. ... work using dsa encrypted keys I am unable to get this to work with rsa ... Jon ...
    (comp.security.ssh)