Re: sshd & passwd

From: Liam Cunningham (liam@consumercontact.com)
Date: 12/11/02

From: "Liam Cunningham" <liam@consumercontact.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:28:57 -0500

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:01:52 +0100, t Sänger wrote:

> Hello
> I am using cygwin with sshd.
> My problem is, if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the
> following command:
> mkpasswd -l -u test > /etc/passwd
> all existing users will be deleted.
> What do i have to do, that i can add a user and the old ones keeps alive?
>
> Sorry for my bad english.
>
> Thanx
> Tobias
As has been stated, your problem is with ">". This tells the shell to open
a new file for output, if the file exists it will be deleted.
">>" will open a file for appending and if the file does not exit, it will
be created.

By the way, your english is much, much better than my german :-)

--
If at first you don't succeed,
   read the manual......

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... > I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ... > following command: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... >> I am using cygwin with sshd. ... >> Sorry for my bad english. ... > By the way, your english is much, much better than my german :-) ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... > I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • sshd & passwd
    ... I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ... following command: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ext3 error on boot
    ... They are sales people with English as second ... >> language and struggle with anything mildly technical. ... IIRC, Knoppix _does_ have sshd, the problem only is they have to ...
    (Debian-User)