Re: sshd & passwd

From: Alan Hadsell (ahadsell@MtDiablo.com)
Date: 12/11/02

From: Alan Hadsell <ahadsell@MtDiablo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:30:32 GMT

"t Sänger" <saenger@edv.klinik.uni-mainz.de> writes:

> I am using cygwin with sshd.
> My problem is, if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the
> following command:
> mkpasswd -l -u test > /etc/passwd
> all existing users will be deleted.
> What do i have to do, that i can add a user and the old ones keeps alive?

mkpasswd -l -u test >> /etc/passwd

Note the two ">>". This redirects the output and appends it to the
/etc/passwd file.

--
Alan Hadsell
If something's already broken, does it really matter how many pieces it's in?

Relevant Pages

  • sshd & passwd
    ... I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ... following command: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... > I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ... By the way, your english is much, much better than my german :-) ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... > I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: The most notorious command
    ... I didn't say a 'nix OS, I said a 'nix *derivative shell*. ... Do you know what OS CygWin would be running on? ... Is a properly configured Windoze box any more or less "fragile" than a properly configured 'nix box (relative to this command)? ... Any modern OS can be configured to allow or disallow that command and to behave differently on various files based on individual access rights. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • plink 0.60 ignoring command options for hostname and username.
    ... with Cygwin and full PuTTy package loaded. ... I tried the same thing using hostname, but plink wants to look up ... the command intelligently. ... Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm ...
    (comp.security.ssh)