Re: sshd & passwd

From: Alan Hadsell (ahadsell@MtDiablo.com)
Date: 12/11/02

From: Alan Hadsell <ahadsell@MtDiablo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:30:32 GMT

"t Sänger" <saenger@edv.klinik.uni-mainz.de> writes:

> I am using cygwin with sshd.
> My problem is, if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the
> following command:
> mkpasswd -l -u test > /etc/passwd
> all existing users will be deleted.
> What do i have to do, that i can add a user and the old ones keeps alive?

mkpasswd -l -u test >> /etc/passwd

Note the two ">>". This redirects the output and appends it to the
/etc/passwd file.

--
Alan Hadsell
If something's already broken, does it really matter how many pieces it's in?

Relevant Pages

  • sshd & passwd
    ... I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ... following command: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... > I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ... By the way, your english is much, much better than my german :-) ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sshd & passwd
    ... > I am using cygwin with sshd. ... if i want to add an new user into my passwd with the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • plink 0.60 ignoring command options for hostname and username.
    ... with Cygwin and full PuTTy package loaded. ... I tried the same thing using hostname, but plink wants to look up ... the command intelligently. ... Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: possible problem with scp/ssh/telnet
    ... I checked this and when things are working, it is there as CYGWIN sshd. ... I think I even remember this log file being empty. ... have been much more reliable in their installation and stable in operation. ...
    (Fedora)