minimum encryption overhead for ssh

From: @ (richard.lefebvreAROBAS(@)cercaPOINT(.)umontrealPOINT(.)ca)
Date: 12/07/02

From: Richard Lefebvre <richard.lefebvreAROBAS(@)cercaPOINT(.)umontrealPOINT(.)ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 23:02:47 GMT

Hi,

which encryption is the fastest, or is there a way to make ssh (from ssh.com)
run without encryption. I'm looking to transfer huge amount of data through
ssh (using rsync --rsh=ssh) but the encryption is the bottleneck of the
transfer. I want to know which -c option will give me the lowest overhead.

Rick

--
Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, CERCA, (514)369-5224            "Don't Panic"
Richard.Lefebvre(@AROBAS)cerca(.POINT)umontreal(.POINT)ca       -- THGTTG

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Communication Device Protocols from External router directthrough Firewall
    ... TACACS is not. ... will get to SSH in a second)? ... or ACS should be on a DMZ ... Im sorry but why would you even say this as encryption between the firewall ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Encryption of printer files
    ... You have hit on one of the under-mentioned aspects of security. ... CUPS seems to have some encryption capability. ... through an SSH session. ... there is web-server based printing. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Is it legal to serve up HTML pages through SSL to all??
    ... >> if you have a question related to ssh please post it. ... > Sorry if I posted to the wrong newsgroup. ... OpenSSL libraries for SSH and the simple fact that it is encryption. ... generate your own keys dynamically and avoid their decryption keys. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Problem w/symantec firewall & SSH Tunnel
    ... having a firewall protects your system to a certain point, ... Although I've learned a LITTLE about VPN, SSH proxies and SSH tunnels, I was ... much less well encryption than the SSH tunnel that is provided, ... do not understand, and until I do, I should do everything I can to protect ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH with no crypt
    ... i think ssh without encryption would be telnet, ... > I have readen that an old version of ssh can establish communcation ... > encryption ??? ... > Si vous avez reçu cet email par erreur,détruisez-en le contenu. ...
    (SSH)