minimum encryption overhead for ssh

From: @ (richard.lefebvreAROBAS(@)cercaPOINT(.)umontrealPOINT(.)ca)
Date: 12/07/02

From: Richard Lefebvre <richard.lefebvreAROBAS(@)cercaPOINT(.)umontrealPOINT(.)ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 23:02:47 GMT

which encryption is the fastest, or is there a way to make ssh (from
run without encryption. I'm looking to transfer huge amount of data through
ssh (using rsync --rsh=ssh) but the encryption is the bottleneck of the
transfer. I want to know which -c option will give me the lowest overhead.

Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, CERCA, (514)369-5224            "Don't Panic"
Richard.Lefebvre(@AROBAS)cerca(.POINT)umontreal(.POINT)ca       -- THGTTG

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Communication Device Protocols from External router directthrough Firewall
    ... TACACS is not. ... will get to SSH in a second)? ... or ACS should be on a DMZ ... Im sorry but why would you even say this as encryption between the firewall ...
  • Re: Encryption of printer files
    ... You have hit on one of the under-mentioned aspects of security. ... CUPS seems to have some encryption capability. ... through an SSH session. ... there is web-server based printing. ...
  • Re: Is it legal to serve up HTML pages through SSL to all??
    ... >> if you have a question related to ssh please post it. ... > Sorry if I posted to the wrong newsgroup. ... OpenSSL libraries for SSH and the simple fact that it is encryption. ... generate your own keys dynamically and avoid their decryption keys. ...
  • Re: Problem w/symantec firewall & SSH Tunnel
    ... having a firewall protects your system to a certain point, ... Although I've learned a LITTLE about VPN, SSH proxies and SSH tunnels, I was ... much less well encryption than the SSH tunnel that is provided, ... do not understand, and until I do, I should do everything I can to protect ...
  • Re: SSH with no crypt
    ... i think ssh without encryption would be telnet, ... > I have readen that an old version of ssh can establish communcation ... > encryption ??? ... > Si vous avez reçu cet email par erreur,détruisez-en le contenu. ...