newbie question: aliases

From: sq000@cyber-co.net
Date: 12/06/02

From: <sq000@cyber-co.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:15:54 +0000 (UTC)

hi i hope im posting in the correct place.
im completely new to ssh and linux.....i have searched google etc for tips.
i connect to remote server using putty, i have root access, im trying to get
the server to mail me the contents of the root mail directory, i can manage
to browse to it and read the mail, however i would like to view it in my pop
box locally, i have also tried to edit the aliases file but to no use, i
tried sendmail. it said recipients address and subject, but that was as far
as icould get...i have also tried to set up a cron job and failed........can
anyone help/show me where to find some simple commands or help with this
task.
thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NFS-like setup without root privileges
    ... >> I am running Linux on a local computer to which I have root access. ... >> one of the files on the remote server I am bound to either ssh into the ... > can ftp to the server you can use ncftp, ... For example, when I issue ls, the kernel could issue ftp and issue an ls ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: NFS-like setup without root privileges
    ... >> I am running Linux on a local computer to which I have root access. ... >> one of the files on the remote server I am bound to either ssh into the ... > can ftp to the server you can use ncftp, ... For example, when I issue ls, the kernel could issue ftp and issue an ls ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re : Backing up mysql driven website on REMOTE SERVER with SSH
    ... I have root access via SSH. ... I just want to be able to write the website on the remote server (my own ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Konsole question and FTP app question
    ... > remote server I connect to 8 hours a day at work constantly resets. ... > but it still constantly disconnects in Kinsole. ... Putty is available for Linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: printing with putty
    ... I know I'm probably being really stupid here but I have ... "When the remote server attempts to print some data, PuTTY will send ... Should I be issuing a command like 'lp file'? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)