Re: OpenSSH, AIX and lastlog

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker@dodgy.net.au)
Date: 12/06/02

From: dtucker@dodgy.net.au (Darren Tucker)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:14:50 GMT

In article <9f303a71.0212051315.702196aa@posting.google.com>,
Steve Bassler <sbassle@alleghenyenergy.com> wrote:
>OpenSSH 3.4 is not making entries of any kind in the lastlog file.
[snip]

IBM changed the format of the wtmp entries between 4.x and 5.x for some
reason. This means that sshd compiled on AIX 4.x will not update wtmp
when run on 5.x, this may include lastlog.

Were your binaries compiled on AIX 4?

>I cannot find lastlog.h on my system (AIX 5.1). Do I need this file
>to enable lastlog processing? If so, where can I find it?

Updating of /etc/security/lastlog is done by the loginsuccess library
call on AIX which sshd uses.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.