Accessing host behind NAT via ssh?

From: Ari Pollak (compwiz-spam@ebnj.net)
Date: 11/16/02

From: "Ari Pollak" <compwiz-spam@ebnj.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:57:38 GMT

Here's the situation:
Let's say my laptop at school is behind NAT, which means it does not have
a publicly accessible IP but has full access to the Internet, and I do not
have access to forward ports on the machine that does the NATing. I would
like to be able to SSH into my laptop from my home computer, which has a
publicly accessible IP and is directly connected to the Internet, once some kind
of tunnel has been established. Is this possible with SSH? If so, how?
I've tried variations of the -R option to ssh from the laptop, such as
'ssh -R 22:homemachine:10022 homemachine', but they generally spew
out an error message.

Thanks in advance.