OpenSSH and SSH Communications.

From: James Kilton (kilton9@yahoo.com)
Date: 11/15/02

From: kilton9@yahoo.com (James Kilton)
Date: 15 Nov 2002 11:22:23 -0800

Is it possible to create an SSH key in OpenSSH and then get it to work
in the Windows SSH.com client? If I create the key in the Windows
client, it doesn't work when SSH'ing between OpenSSH machines. But
going the other way around results in the SSH.com client not being
able to read the public key, even after conversion. Is there a way to
make this work?

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OpenSSH and SSH Communications.
    ... >>Is it possible to create an SSH key in OpenSSH and then get it to work ... >>in the Windows SSH.com client? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Securing OpenSSH on Windows 2003 Server
    ... Windows directory for OpenSSH? ... the SSH group the client cannot connect. ... also is able to read files within the Windows folder. ... What I would like to do is find out the exact required files by OpenSSH ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sftp Client on Windows XP
    ... > home-grown application that runs on a Windows platform (at least I ... an example would be puTTY sftp client (note you can legally use its ... there is a cygwin build of OpenSSH though, ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Please recommend free SSH software for Windows. I found some from Network Simplicity.
    ... >>I have used openssh on AIX, HP-UX, LINUX, and Tru64Unix with no problems. ... >>> I found free SSH software and would like to know if anyone ... >>> I'm using Windows 95. ... obviously you know openssh is the daemon and putty is the client to connect ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
    ... Open Server Management. ... then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... >From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)