Re: Sniffing on SSH providing private key

From: William Peckham (mrwbp@attbi.com)
Date: 11/07/02

    From: "William Peckham" <mrwbp@attbi.com>
    Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:29:13 GMT

    I would not try. It makes better sense to enable history logging and record
    the command sused during sessions that way. If you dump the command history
    during the session through a filter that will clip all back to the last exit
    and append to a system log, you should have a pretty good trail. There are
    probably easier ways. Trying to break into an ssh session for loggin on
    your own machines seems like picking your front door lock to get in, when
    you know the back door is open.

    "Ghaith Nasrawi" <libero@aucegypt.edu> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > i'd like to know if there exist any tool that would enable me of
    > sniffing SSH connectin providing that I have the private key. I want
    > to know what is going exactly and have a copy of all the commands
    > being passed to the kernel on such a connection.
    >
    > if no tools are available, any idea how can this be done??
    >
    > thanks in advance.

    ---

    • Re: Explanation of macros; Haskell macros
      ... > server and I got to dictate the form of the commands and arguments. ... it boiled down to (funcall command client-session args). ... Let's assume there is a type "Session" for sessions. ... You don't need the first constraint, ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Explanation of macros; Haskell macros
      ... > server and I got to dictate the form of the commands and arguments. ... it boiled down to (funcall command client-session args). ... Let's assume there is a type "Session" for sessions. ... You don't need the first constraint, ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • Re: Newbie: save an interpretation session
      ... editing/interpretation session for next Forth interpreter startup. ... In iForth, every line of input is appended to a history file and all lines ... it on the command line. ...
      (comp.lang.forth)
    • Re: Setting default value on the fly
      ... Thanks for the suggestion. ... on a subform, but the command button is on the main form. ... >>the database a training session for a specific listed ...
      (microsoft.public.access.forms)
    • problems with WinVNC and SQL... help appreciated
      ... Laptop running WinXP and fpipe. ... fpipe is listening on 113 ... and get an active SQL session on Computer 3. ... Computer 3 and execute a batch file from the command line to do the same. ...
      (Pen-Test)