Re: Putty & Linux?

From: Ben Timms (benjamin.timms@removethisroke.co.uk)
Date: 11/05/02

From: Ben Timms <benjamin.timms@removethisroke.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 07:48:13 +0000

Simon Tatham wrote:

> Jerry Kaidor wrote:
>
> > I have a Slackware linux box running slackware's open-ssh package (
> >which is called openssh-3.4p1-i386-2.tgz
>

> >Putty fails either with an
> >"Incoming packet garbled on decryption" message, or a memory
> >allocation failure.
>

> This sounds like a problem with your installation of OpenSSH. See
>
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#A.6.18
>
> for more details of a known problem matching this description. Note
> that it isn't a problem at the PuTTY end.

I get the same problem as Jerry, but only with Putty version 0.53 and
not 0.52. Looking at the 'Changes' page - I can't see what would be
making such a difference?

My debian packages for openssl and ssh2 are completely up to date, so
I'm not sure what to do on the server end.

Thanks for any advice...

Ben