PuTTY with HTTP Proxy

From: Christopher Stookey (christopher.stookey@wellsfargo.com)
Date: 10/17/02

From: christopher.stookey@wellsfargo.com (Christopher Stookey)
Date: 17 Oct 2002 12:05:59 -0700

Please redirect me if this question has been entered elsewhere.

I am on a Windows 2000 platform and I am attempting to use PSFTP to do
a file transfer through an HTTP proxy. I have set up a saved session
in PuTTY (version 0.53) and am calling the session via the command
line:

psftp [username]@[sessionname] -v

The message returned is:

Looking up host "[host.name]"
ssh_init: Host does not exist

In the saved session I have the following options set:

Session Panel
-------------
Port: 22
Protocol: SSH
Host name is specified.

Proxy Panel
-----------
Proxy Type: HTTP
Port: 80
Proxy host name is specified.
Username and Password are set.

It looks like the PuTTY session is ignoring my proxy information and
looking for the host name inside the firewall (which, of course, it
can't find). Is this what is happening? Or have I missed something?

I have been able to configure another secure FTP program to go through
the proxy server on port 80, so I know that it is possible.

Any help you can give would be great. Thanks!

Christopher Stookey
christopher.stookey@wellsfargo.com
My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Wells Fargo.