Re: background processes?

From: Richard Silverman (res@des.jhy.us.ml.com)
Date: 09/24/02

From: Richard Silverman <res@des.jhy.us.ml.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2002 22:28:03 -0400

    JM> How can I disable that annoying "feature" of ssh that causes
    JM> logouts to hang if a background process started during that
    JM> session has not yet terminated?

That "annoying feature" is necessary to prevent data loss. See:

http://www.snailbook.com/faq/background-jobs.auto.html

--
 Richard Silverman
 slade@shore.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: background processes?
    ... > JM> logouts to hang if a background process started during that ... > JM> session has not yet terminated? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Run a Process in Hidden Session
    ... 'hidden' session. ... (A background process not ... And where should your output then go, after closing the session? ...     do ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • background processes?
    ... How can I disable that annoying "feature" of ssh that causes logouts to ... hang if a background process started during that session has not yet ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • java browser object
    ... I am trying to login to a webpage in a background process and perform ... some actions within the session created from the login.Is there a java ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)