Re: How to change permission using SSH ?

From: Alexander von Alkier (alexander.von-alkier@dregis.com)
Date: 08/29/02

From: "Alexander von Alkier" <alexander.von-alkier@dregis.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:31:51 +0200

"webmaster" <okno@iname.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:akkqrv$kql$1@news247.cnt.ru...
> Your page is too dificult for me - could you just answer at my 3 question
?
> Please....
>

> I have Linux OS and Apache version 1.3.26 (Unix)
>
> p.s. I just buy a server but don't know how to control it (I have Webhost
> Manager and cPanel installed - but this not insufficiently to control my
> server) ans I need in SSH some commands...
>

> "William Hooper" <whooper@infinet.com.NO_SPAM> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> > "webmaster" <okno@iname.com> wrote in message
> > > Please let me know what I must type in SSH dialog to change permission
> > > (directory or file) at remote machine ?
> > > And also how to create directory - what I must type ?
> > >
> > > And If I want to give root priveleges to ftp account at machine - what
> > > must to type using SSH (Telnet) ?
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >

> > "Help, this hacker script I downloaded worked, but I don't know how to
do
> > anything in Unix!!"
> >
> > Anyway, you do all of these things the same way you would do them at the
> > command line on the machine's console. This also depends on what OS you
> are
> > SSHing into. If it is Linux a good place to start is:
> > http://www.tldp.org/LDP/gs/gs.html . If it is another Unix, or Windows
> the
> > commands may be a little different.
> >
> > --
> > William Hooper
> >
> > If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything
> worthwhile.

first of all, make your ssh work!

for executing a command on a remote server use:

   ssh remoteuser@remoteserver chmod xxx dir_on_remote_host

For creating a new directory it the same procedure.
there are also good explanations in the manpage of ssh.
the last one i don't really understand, what you want to do.

alexander

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how to connect to a remote machine using python........
    ... Some python ssh packages are available if you are wanting to execute ... commands on a machine that has ssh. ... you could run a Python-based web server from a simple ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: SMTP Routing through SSH
    ... >> I have a Linux server running Red Hat 8.0 in my attic that I connect to ... I use port forwarding to reach a VNC server on port 5904. ... > access it from any computer I can ssh in from. ... Just as if you were trying to relay your web browsing ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: security on linux
    ... Also, I restrict my ssh ... there a web server with PHP scripting and a MySQL database ... same time that half of the zombies on the 'net were stock Linux boxes. ... configuring stuff, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [SLE] Remote Administration
    ... I just logged into my Linux server from WinXP using Cygwin (I was using it ... for XWin - unsecure) via XDMCP to get a remote desktop. ... > Can anyone give me a short description of what SSH is? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: free/cheap Windows SSH client that supports login scripts?
    ... connect, the commands will run. ... to a given server running SSH and then log straight into the mysql ... SecureCRT is so much nicer than anything else out there, ... cheap if you are a heavy ssh user. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)