set logintimeout from ssh-client ?

From: mark (m.benschop@NOSPAMPLEASE.cistron.nl)
Date: 07/30/02

From: mark <m.benschop@NOSPAMPLEASE.cistron.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:06:36 +0200

Hi All,

I'm currently having a problem,
Everynight I login to a number of unixboxes using openssh via a script and
gather some information from them.
On the boxes I have put the publickey and all and that works out fine.
The list of servers I login to, I gather from DNS.
When a new box is added to our network/DNS sometimes the needed publickey
is not put in place, causing the script to hang indefinately because it is
waiting for a password.
Now what would come in handy here is if I could give the client something
like a logingracetime like you can configure on the serverside.
Can that be done ?
Using openssh OpenSSH_3.2.2p1. (I know it's a bit old, working on the
upgrade....)

Thanks for any hints,

Mark

Relevant Pages

  • Re: login script failing?
    ... Well if all DCs are in same site/local lan, and only some mappings ... If you manually run that script after user logs on does the mapping occur? ... How do you know whch servers are the users logging on? ... relevant servers but no matter what I put in the login script, ...
  • Re: login script failing?
    ... How do you know whch servers are the users logging on? ... do not 'see' the login cmd box appear in the system tray area when I ... relevant servers but no matter what I put in the login script, ... and even h: fails occasionally. ...
  • Re: Upgrading OpenSSH
    ... >>How would you go about upgrading OpenSSH on over 400 servers? ... >>did that with an install script I wrote one by one. ... We are mostly Sun Solaris shop with some HP's AIX and of course Linux. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: login script failing?
    ... this because the users should use randomly all servers and not just one. ... Well if all DCs are in same site/local lan, and only some mappings fail.... ... If you manually run that script after user logs on does the mapping occur? ... relevant servers but no matter what I put in the login script, ...
  • Re: Net::SSH::Perl sending output to STDOUT
    ... If the pw is incorrect you should't be able to log ... > script I'm trying to create logins into about 16 different servers. ... I want the program to not die when it can't login to ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)