Re: CHROOT patch openssh3.4p1

From: Raymond Morsman (raymond@dyn.org)
Date: 07/23/02

From: raymond@dyn.org (Raymond Morsman)
Date: 23 Jul 2002 05:49:40 -0700

> Oh, great, another one. Please hop over to www.merl.com/people/nkadel/. for
> my notes on this. There's a 3.1p1 compatible patch, that also adds options
> to the configure.ac script and has a widget for building new chroot cages.

That's fun. It doesn't work on 3.4p1 does it? So I think there's a
need for a more recent patch. A lot has changed in 3.4 and your patch
will most likely fail. I've been to your site, what could I find there
that could be of any use for OpenSSH 3.4p1?

There are very valid reasons to upgrade to the most recent version of
OpenSSH. People who want to use the chrooted environment (like the
company I'm working for) can benefit of my patch instead of finding it
out on theirself.

Raymond.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CHROOT patch openssh3.4p1
    ... > to upgrade to openssh 3.4p1. ... > compiled with the chroot patch. ... Tried compiling with the latest chroot ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: chroot, scp and security on RedHat 8.0
    ... > chroot jail if a key file exists in the home directory of the login ... instead of the chroot openssh patch to several people, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: CHROOT patch openssh3.4p1
    ... There's a 3.1p1 compatible patch, ... >> to the configure.ac script and has a widget for building new chroot ... target directories, it's entirely incompatible in its current release with a ... adding another new user (for the sshd root cage) requires co-evolution ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Init.c, making it chroot
    ... Since FreeBSD has kenv, the patch is ... There's code in init to mount devfs, ... Once we chroot, we need to have a sane environment inside the chroot. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: svn commit: r228843 - head/contrib/telnet/libtelnet head/crypto/heimdal/appl/telnet/libtelne
    ... Why doing a patch if you apparently don't care? ... These "safe" locations are never ... the chroot issue is not about ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)