Re: ssh server for windoze

Date: 05/29/02

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 01:04:13 GMT

"TheMartian" <themartian@space.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2002.05.28.12.40.37.277706.2525@space.com...
> A client has requested ssh server functionality on a windoze 2000 box.I
> tried to talk them into a UNIX/Linux box for this but failed. It seems
> that someone told them that windoze is more secure and they believed it.
>
> I am looking at openssh for windoze, from
>
> http://www.networksimplicity.com/openssh/
>
> Is this one any good? or is there better?
>
> Thanks

It's OpenSSH bundled up with commercial support: OpenSSH is extremely solid.
You can install it free as part of CygWin, which gets you a bunch of other
tools (www.cygwin.com), but if you need commercial support, it looks good.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh server for windoze
    ... > tried to talk them into a UNIX/Linux box for this but failed. ... > that someone told them that windoze is more secure and they believed it. ... It's OpenSSH bundled up with commercial support: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh server for windoze
    ... >> A client has requested ssh server functionality on a windoze 2000 box.I ... > It's OpenSSH bundled up with commercial support: ... > of other tools, but if you need commercial support, it ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh server for windoze
    ... >> A client has requested ssh server functionality on a windoze 2000 box.I ... > It's OpenSSH bundled up with commercial support: ... > of other tools, but if you need commercial support, it ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Another future of VMS article on the Inquirer
    ... unix/linux is worse than ... and that pseudo vms clustering will never 100% resemble ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • ssh server for windoze
    ... A client has requested ssh server functionality on a windoze 2000 box.I ... tried to talk them into a UNIX/Linux box for this but failed. ... that someone told them that windoze is more secure and they believed it. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)