Re: OpenSSH on Debian

From: Dimitri Maziuk (dima@127.0.0.1)
Date: 05/24/02

From: Dimitri Maziuk <dima@127.0.0.1>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:08:10 +0000 (UTC)

begin 666 your_newsreader_is_broken
thus spake Marc Schönberg:
> Hi!
>
> I was trying to install the latest version of OpenSSH on a Debian box for
> security reasons. Unfortunately I am not familiar with this distribution.
> The INSTALL file in th OpenSSH source directory tells me to pass on the
> location of the rsh file to the configure script. Well, I don't know where
> it is located in Debian, even a find command could not tell me.

apt-get install rsh-client.

> And: Which authentication method is the one to use?

ISBN 0-596-00011-1

Dima

--
Riding roughshod over some little used trifle like the English language is not a
big deal to an important technology innovator like Microsoft. They did just that

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OpenSSH on Debian
    ... > The INSTALL file in th OpenSSH source directory tells me to pass on the ... > it is located in Debian, even a find command could not tell me. ... ii ssh 3.0.2p1-9 Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH on Debian
    ... > The INSTALL file in th OpenSSH source directory tells me to pass on the ... > it is located in Debian, even a find command could not tell me. ... ii ssh 3.0.2p1-9 Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH on Debian
    ... >> The INSTALL file in th OpenSSH source directory tells me to pass on the ... >> it is located in Debian, even a find command could not tell me. ... > to upgrade to woody. ...