Re: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability

From: Mike Iglesias (iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu)
Date: 06/27/02

From: iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias)
Date: 26 Jun 2002 23:29:41 GMT

In article <slrnahkfla.3f9.nobody@pooh.nrel.gov>,
steve s. <steve@NOSPAMforgetaboutit> wrote:
>if you read man sshd (3.1 for me), it says the default ChallengeResponseAuth
>-entication is 'yes', so it sounds like you need to disable it. I don't
>know about the compile-time options, I didn't specify them for my systems.
>Putting this line into sshd_config doesn't seem to break them.

You're right, I misread the code (the man pages don't always reflect what
the code does, so I usually look there).

--
Mike Iglesias                          Internet:    iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability
    ... steve s. ... >if you read man sshd, it says the default ChallengeResponseAuth ... University of California, Irvine phone: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ListenAddress
    ... Steve> would you use this parameter? ... If your machine has several IP addresses and you don't want sshd to listen ... AllowUsers with the @ syntax, or libwrap. ... Richard Silverman ...
    (comp.security.ssh)