FTP over SSH: Can't build data connection

From: Dub (dub@latnet.lv)
Date: 06/14/02

From: dub@latnet.lv (Dub)
Date: 14 Jun 2002 10:07:52 -0700

Hi,

Probably, I don't understand something about SSH port forwarding. I'm
trying to establish FTP connection to my SSH host via encrypted link
(I use SecureCRT on client side, both remote and local port numbers
are set to 21).

I can log into the system, I can change working directories but that's
all. I can't neither get directory listing, nor get any file. UNIX
user permissions seem to be OK. Disabling TCP Wrappers also does not
help.

C:\>ftp 127.0.0.1
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
220 host1 FTP server (Digital UNIX Version 5.60) ready.
User (127.0.0.1:(none)): user1
331 Password required for user1.
Password:
230 User user1 logged in.
ftp> pwd
257 "/usr/home/company/user1" is current directory.
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused.
ftp> cd ..
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused.
ftp> pwd
257 "/usr/home/company" is current directory.
ftp>

Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

BR,
Dub