Re: Dumb Newbie: Installing / Compiling SSH

From: Ralf Fassel (ralfixx@gmx.de)
Date: 05/25/02

From: Ralf Fassel <ralfixx@gmx.de>
Date: 25 May 2002 11:50:21 +0200

* Mike O'Connor <mjo@dojo.mi.org>
| You'll want to comment out the HAVE_CONTROL_IN_MSGHDR in config.h,
| or use whatever appropriate configure options it takes to get that
| un-#define-d. Then it should build.

I have simply snipped the definition of SCM_RIGHTS from the
sys/socket.h header file and added an appropriate -D for it for
compiling that one object file. (SCM_RIGHTS is wrapped inside a
#ifdef _XOPEN_SOURCE)

`Works' so far, but I'm mainly using ssh intranet ;-)

R'

Relevant Pages

  • Re: #ifdef
    ... It may be defined by the user, or somewhere in a header file, ... out of a larger context such as the OS source code ... C code after preprocessing but before compiling. ... in tracking down issues with preprocessor symbols. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: metadata operation failed (8013110E) : Database file is corrupt and may not be usable.
    ... This is an established project that has been compiling for several ... I can only add two more members to my ... tried adding an additional header file with no result. ... >slightly different metadata in two modules for the same type. ...
  • Re: #ifdef
    ... > automatically for you, if it is needed, either in a header file ... but especially for macros beginning with underscore ... > C code after preprocessing but before compiling. ... This won't help for builtins however. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Converting from VS.net 2003 to VS.net 2005
    ... Visula studio 2003 as the editor and everything was compiling, ... Visual Studio 2005 instead of Visual studio 2003. ... We have included the afx.h before the afxwin.h in our source code ... As a fix we tried to make a seperate header file afxdlldef.h which said ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
  • Problem in compiling a VC++ Studio Project on VC++.Net Plateform.
    ... There is no build problem on VC++ Studio 6.0 Platform. ... when I'm compiling it on VC++.Net 2003 Platform, ... Obviously I can't modify the header file by prefixing typename at those ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)