Re: Newbie: unable to login using ssh (putty.exe), easy question.

From: Kim Blomqvist (kim@sigtrap.com)
Date: 05/12/02

From: Kim Blomqvist <kim@sigtrap.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:26:30 +0300

Mike wrote:

> Hello all, could someone please help me, I have just successfully
> installed
> ssh and started the sshd. Installed using:
>
> ./configure --with-pam
> make
> make install
>
> when i try to login using ssh, the login appears, but the password may
> take about 5 seconds to appear, and i enter a password but always get
> access
> denied. I am able to connect via telnet successfully. Do i need to run
> any
> commands or configuration options. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
> an email to email@mware.itgo.com would be appreciated also.

Are you sure you are using pam? Try --with-shadow instead.
Kim

--
Nothing is worth dying for except life

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video
    ... >>> If I want to another linux box connect to the Debian box using ssh, ... I see the ssh has ... >>> already in the debian box, but I guess it is the ssh client, not sshd. ... reinstall or better purge and install to recreate all missing config ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sftp only works for root
    ... I'm running a new install of sshd ... Almost every release of OpenSSH for several years has added ... I got rid of all previous versions of ssh and sshd (used updatedb/locate to ... The new binaries are under /usr/local/ (where "make install" ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video
    ... > already in the debian box, but I guess it is the ssh client, not sshd. ... reinstall or better purge and install to recreate all missing config ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Still more problems with sshd on Solaris 9
    ... The only thing I did, or remember doing, is install the cluster patch. ... Had sshd suddenly stopped working? ... I really want patches both for ssh ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: PRNGD is not seeded
    ... The ssh is some version: ... Prngd was installed via custom ... I'm wondering if I should install OSS646, ... rsync does not require ssh. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)