Re: Newbie: unable to login using ssh (putty.exe), easy question.

From: Kim Blomqvist (kim@sigtrap.com)
Date: 05/12/02

From: Kim Blomqvist <kim@sigtrap.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:26:30 +0300

Mike wrote:

> Hello all, could someone please help me, I have just successfully
> installed
> ssh and started the sshd. Installed using:
>
> ./configure --with-pam
> make
> make install
>
> when i try to login using ssh, the login appears, but the password may
> take about 5 seconds to appear, and i enter a password but always get
> access
> denied. I am able to connect via telnet successfully. Do i need to run
> any
> commands or configuration options. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
> an email to email@mware.itgo.com would be appreciated also.

Are you sure you are using pam? Try --with-shadow instead.
Kim

--
Nothing is worth dying for except life

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video
    ... >>> If I want to another linux box connect to the Debian box using ssh, ... I see the ssh has ... >>> already in the debian box, but I guess it is the ssh client, not sshd. ... reinstall or better purge and install to recreate all missing config ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sftp only works for root
    ... I'm running a new install of sshd ... Almost every release of OpenSSH for several years has added ... I got rid of all previous versions of ssh and sshd (used updatedb/locate to ... The new binaries are under /usr/local/ (where "make install" ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video
    ... > already in the debian box, but I guess it is the ssh client, not sshd. ... reinstall or better purge and install to recreate all missing config ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Still more problems with sshd on Solaris 9
    ... The only thing I did, or remember doing, is install the cluster patch. ... Had sshd suddenly stopped working? ... I really want patches both for ssh ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • summery for OpenSSl and OpenSSh / How to Install Secure Shell Ftp/Telnet Step By Step for Tru64
    ... How To Install and setup Secure Shell on Tru64 Ver 5.X ... group and user name "sshd" ... To start SSH on boot place a soft link in /sbin/rc3.d ... The first kill allows any daemons to exit gracefully. ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)