Q: SSH to Linux behind Linksys router

From: S.V. Proff (ffixit@onebox.com)
Date: 05/10/02

From: ffixit@onebox.com (S.V. Proff)
Date: 10 May 2002 07:12:49 -0700

Hello All:

I am trying to ssh to my Linux Redhat 7.2 computer behind a Linksys
router. The ssh software is not able to connect. It says something to
the effect that the "remote computer is not available".

I have the port 22 open for the computer on the Linksys router. Some
weeks ago a different computer that I had on the net was accessible
via telnet without any problems.
Also, I am able to ssh to the Linux computer within my internal
network without any problem. In other words, ssh client software and
ssh services on Linux are working properly.

If it matters, I am on attbi cable modem.

What could be the other issues that I should check into?

Thanks!

Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linking wireless and ethernet network adapters
    ... I mainly wanted to ssh into the Linux box and still have wireless ... > 192.168.0.1 is a router on the wlan0. ... > Also make sure your firewall is not blocking things (ie bring down all ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • SSH server with SBC DSL and DynDNS
    ... I'm thinking about getting SBC DSL service, ... be able to log into one of my Linux boxes using SSH. ... I'm planning on connecting my DSL modem directly into a router (e.g. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: inbound connection through wireless router
    ... Installing an embedded-device Linux on a router sounds a bit daunting ... Can that port forwarding be done on an out-of-the box router? ... Can this be set up in such a way that I can still ssh into my home ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Bizarre SSH problem. Ready to cry. Or yell "bug".
    ... I have three PC's connected to a linksys router, ... SSH from the remote server, into either of the linux PC's (if I ... SSH into either linux PC from the win2k PC. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: help connecting to my linux machine with verizon dsl via ssh
    ... I'm trying to set up my linux machine and my linksys ... WRT54G router so that I can connect to the machine remotely via ssh. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)