Re: SSH utility for Windows for Workgroups

From: Donald Thompson (dlt_spamcatch@lunanet.biz)
Date: 04/29/02

    From: Donald Thompson <dlt_spamcatch@lunanet.biz>
    Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:19:40 -0600

    This might be a longshot, but try putty . Its a minimal ssh client
    for windows that runs in a DOS window. I have no idea if its a 16 bit
    or 32 bit application. Should be able to find it easily with a search
    on the net.

    -Don

    Rohit Tripathi wrote:
    > ~~~~~~~~~~ WARNING!! TEXT BELOW SOUNDS PRIMITIVE ~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    > Hi!
    >
    > Its true.
    > I have a 486 machine running Windows for Workgroups. It is connected
    > via COM port to a SPARC 670 and via Ethernet to a LAN. Does anyone
    > knows of a SSH utility which could work on this system? I also have
    > Win32S installed which could run minimal 32-bin applications.
    >
    > I tried running SSH for windows (downloaded from:
    > http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~chopin/ssh/index_en.html), but it gives an
    > error message "Cannot use DES from cryptlib". I am also unable to
    > connect to a remore system. If you know of an alternative, please tell
    > me.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > -Rohit

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... >> ssh -L) ... JM> in seperate DOS console windows in this order: ... I'm using the 3.8 version of OpenSSH. ... >> Kerberos ticket, or your password in order to acquire one. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... >> ssh -L) ... JM> in seperate DOS console windows in this order: ... >> Kerberos ticket, or your password in order to acquire one. ... JM> We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: FC6 VPN
      ... Then you can run any application you would like off the server by simply running it, or if you want to run a whole session, use gnomesession. ... ssh client that supports X forwarding, which is want you want to be looking at. ... SSH allows you to forward any local port to any remote port. ... If you need to connect to, say a windows share, you would forward your local port to the linux server through the ssh tunnel. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Windows GSSAPI ssh connection via cross-realm authentication problems
      ... acess to the ssh server. ... Windows AD is primary kdc with realm name KDCTEST.COM and hostname ... the windows ssh client computer to be trusted for delegation. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)