tunneling problem

From: Jeff Shipman - SysProg (jeff@nmt.edu)
Date: 04/19/02

From: Jeff Shipman - SysProg <jeff@nmt.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:28:32 -0600

I have a problem where a user of ours is unable to tunnel
their ftp program (which is internal GoLive! software)
through ssh for a secure connection. I've even tried this
between two machines on the same subnet and it does not
work.

This is what I do (note that I first disable the ftp server
on my own machine):

bash-2.05# ssh reznor.tcct.nmt.edu -l shippy -L21:reznor.tcct:21

successfully logs me in as shippy on reznor.

Then, on my machine in another window:

shippy@neptune:~> ncftp -ushippy localhost 21

NcFTP 3.0.3 (April 15, 2001) by Mike Gleason (ncftp@ncftp.com).
Connecting to 127.0.0.1...

reznor FTP server (Version wu-2.6.2(1) Fri Nov 30 10:50:22 MST 2001) ready.
Logging in...

Password requested by 127.0.0.1 for user "shippy".

      Password required for shippy.

Password:

User shippy logged in.
Logged in to localhost.

ncftp /u/shippy > put foo
connect failed: Transport endpoint is not connected.
Falling back to PORT instead of PASV mode.
put foo: PORT failed.

On reznor, I see:

chan_shutdown_read failed for #1/fd5 [i1 o128]: Transport endpoint is
not connected

--
Jeff Shipman           E-Mail: jeff@nmt.edu
Systems Programmer     Phone: (505) 835-5748

Relevant Pages

  • Re: tunneling problem
    ... > their ftp program (which is internal GoLive! ... > through ssh for a secure connection. ... > successfully logs me in as shippy on reznor. ... > Password requested by 127.0.0.1 for user "shippy". ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: DB-Verbindungen: Korrekte Herangehensweise
    ... als Spezialfall an der in meiner allgemeinen Antwort nicht gesondert betrachtet ... Open DB ... Select key, value from FOO where ... jede offene Connection ist eine Stelle an der mit einer Fehlersituation ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • postgresql installation
    ... there's no way I seem able to make a localhost tcp_ip connection. ... I went into the template1 database and set my password for my username so that I could make connections from localhost. ... I set the password to match "foo" and not the md5_hex version of "foo". ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Bad form to access a *private variable* like _foo?
    ... Bad form to access a *private variable* like _foo? ... The reason I'm asking is that TurboGears/SQLObject mobel objects have ... an attribute called "_connection" that must be used to manually commit ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Getting result of odbcs INSERT INTO command
    ... where foo [ ... If called for each connection, the driver stores the last auto_increment ... SELECT @@identity on Con1 ... SELECT @@identity on Con2 ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)