Re: ssh hang with a CTRL-D before prompt on solaris 2.6

From: Bernd Schubert (bernd.schubert@tc.pci.uni-heidelberg.de)
Date: 04/18/02

From: Bernd Schubert <bernd.schubert@tc.pci.uni-heidelberg.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:20:48 +0200

Richard E. Silverman wrote:

> Cyril> but my ssh is hang dead, no way to get out except killing the
> Cyril> process from another terminal.
>
> type the three keys: <return> ~ .

I just wanted to ask the same question since we have the same problem on
our linux (Suse-7.3) boxes.

Your 'key-combination' works fine, Richard (so thanks for the hint) but is
there also another solution for this (as adjusting the config files, etc )?

Thanks in advance, Bernd

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Did the Hundred Years War ever happen?
    ... Was no worse than King John's killing of Arthur of Brittany. ... Of course poor Richard was presented with the ... Woodvilles and that Black Witch Margaret Beaufort. ... Poor Richard was heartily despised by them all. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: Hot Topic Reprise
    ... It's killing little swimmers ... >world that Richard would like would be more children. ... >invest in some briefs four sizes too small ... ... Hey we could be onto a new fountain fountain of ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: [OT] Ghost icon on server
    ... the practical thing of killing this ghost off? ... Richard is right, you have a CR at the end of the name. ... create files with invalid names containing '\'. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Sockpuppet - WAS: Beginner Ski Video Clips
    ... the Fed Ex charges on the modem are killing me. ... BTW, when do ... > The OC3 between our houses gets installed tomorrow so no more sharing. ... Sven, not real Sven) has been Richard (the real Richard, not the ...
    (rec.skiing.alpine)