Re: "Reverse" Forwarding X11 using " ssh -L 6000:myhost:6000 myfirewall "

From: Bill Hase (hase@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 04/18/02

    From: Bill Hase <hase@sk.sympatico.ca>
    Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:47:23 -0600

    Works Great!!!!

    Thanks a lot,

    Bill

    smn wrote:
    > Does this help?
    > http://bsdvault.net/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=93
    >
    > - Scott
    >
    > "Bill Hase" <hase@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>I can not log into work over high a speed connection using ssh since
    >>there is a firewall. I want to log in through a modem to work and use
    >>then make a high speed connection using
    >>
    >>"ssh -l 6000:myhost:6000 myfirewall".
    >>
    >>Then start up an xterm back through to "myhost" and log off my modem.
    >>Then I should have a high speed X11 connection to my PC using ssh.
    >>
    >>"myhost" is a Win98 box running cygwin-XFree86 behind
    >>
    >>"myfirewall" is my OpenBSD box.
    >>
    >>What steps does "ssh -X myfirewall" to forward X11?
    >>
    >>I need to "reverse" forward X11 using "ssh -l 6000:myhost:6000
    >
    > myfirewall".
    >
    >>Any ideas???
    >>

    >>Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Bill

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: For Cathy F
      ... reviewing the mult./div. ... Scott in Florida ... If I give them 20.13 for a 5.13 bill, they hand me back the change ...
      (alt.autos.toyota)
    • Re: fedora 20 disabling ssh by default
      ... Bill Cunningham wrote on 09. ... If you don't need ssh yourself you're all ... allowing logins only via keys and deactivate password auth (nobody can ... If you want to keep password authorization you can forbid direct root ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: SSH question
      ... control area. ... in /usr/local/etc/authorized_keys file and that enabled that user to ssh ... That way when bill ssh from host to hosta as jim, ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: installing ssh after freebsd has been installed?
      ... Thanks, Bill and Matthew, your suggestions did the trick. ... i used sysinstall. ... check ssh in the networking section. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: VMS server with DECnet over IP on the internet?
      ... Bill Gunshannon wrote: ... Dirk Munk writes: ... reachable with DECnet over IP. ... SSH, SSL and IPsec. ...
      (comp.os.vms)