Re: "Reverse" Forwarding X11 using " ssh -L 6000:myhost:6000 myfirewall "

From: Bill Hase (hase@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 04/18/02

    From: Bill Hase <hase@sk.sympatico.ca>
    Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:47:23 -0600

    Works Great!!!!

    Thanks a lot,

    Bill

    smn wrote:
    > Does this help?
    > http://bsdvault.net/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=93
    >
    > - Scott
    >
    > "Bill Hase" <hase@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>I can not log into work over high a speed connection using ssh since
    >>there is a firewall. I want to log in through a modem to work and use
    >>then make a high speed connection using
    >>
    >>"ssh -l 6000:myhost:6000 myfirewall".
    >>
    >>Then start up an xterm back through to "myhost" and log off my modem.
    >>Then I should have a high speed X11 connection to my PC using ssh.
    >>
    >>"myhost" is a Win98 box running cygwin-XFree86 behind
    >>
    >>"myfirewall" is my OpenBSD box.
    >>
    >>What steps does "ssh -X myfirewall" to forward X11?
    >>
    >>I need to "reverse" forward X11 using "ssh -l 6000:myhost:6000
    >
    > myfirewall".
    >
    >>Any ideas???
    >>

    >>Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Bill

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: For Cathy F
      ... reviewing the mult./div. ... Scott in Florida ... If I give them 20.13 for a 5.13 bill, they hand me back the change ...
      (alt.autos.toyota)
    • Re: SSH question
      ... control area. ... in /usr/local/etc/authorized_keys file and that enabled that user to ssh ... That way when bill ssh from host to hosta as jim, ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: installing ssh after freebsd has been installed?
      ... Thanks, Bill and Matthew, your suggestions did the trick. ... i used sysinstall. ... check ssh in the networking section. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: VMS server with DECnet over IP on the internet?
      ... Bill Gunshannon wrote: ... Dirk Munk writes: ... reachable with DECnet over IP. ... SSH, SSL and IPsec. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Which one...
      ... What is this perverted infatuation you have with Scott? ... I think hypocrisy is his ... No insurance, no money. ... the hospital's other patients and insurors with that bill. ...
      (rec.boats)