Re: cygwin ssh-add problem

From: Alan Hadsell (ahadsell@MtDiablo.com)
Date: 04/17/02

From: Alan Hadsell <ahadsell@MtDiablo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:45:16 GMT

eho <ericmho@shaw.ca> writes:

> Hi Alan, I issued the ps cmd and the agent is running. Also a socket
> file has been created on /tmp. What version of cygwin are you
> running and what windows OS are you running. I'm running cygwin
> 1.3.10 under w2k. Thanks

I'm running the same version, also under Windows 2000 (SP2).

When you run ssh-add, are you running it from the same shell where you
ran ssh-agent? I get the same message as you if I try to run ssh-add
in a different bash session.

--
Alan Hadsell
If brute force doesn't work, you aren't using enough.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Perl auf Windows OHNE cygwin?!
    ... hast du schonmal versucht einen AF_UNIX/AF_LOCAL Socket mit ActiveState ... Perl zu erstellen? ... Die Windows Möglichkeiten sind schlicht sehr begrenzt. ... Cygwin hingegen bietet tatsächlich eine waschechte Socket ...
    (de.comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... And they aren't going to run cygwin on these systems, ... It's a programming language designed ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Good debugger?
    ... >>Any Tcl core that was built for windows doesn't have that problem. ... >Because Cygwin, by definintion, is not native. ... that's still in script form from prodebug. ... >>But if it can't coexist with native Tcl components, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Cygwin or Windows: file permission functions are broken
    ... I don't find the explanation very clear (does "the Windows ... files (Cygwin touch, CMD.EXE copy, anything). ... the Windows permissions mask is way larger of a set than ... When under the "use filetest 'access'" the above-mentioned ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)