Re: Removing version banner

From: Richard E. Silverman (slade@shore.net)
Date: 04/10/02

From: slade@shore.net (Richard E. Silverman)
Date: 10 Apr 2002 11:45:48 -0400

>>>>> "Andrés" == Andrés <nomail@noserver.com> writes:

    Andrés> Hello. If you make a simple connection to an SSH server, it
    Andrés> shows you automatically the software and version installed. Is
    Andrés> it possible to remove that information, which can help
    Andrés> malicious hackers attack my server?

http://www.snailbook.com/faq/version-string.auto.html

    Andrés> I would prefer that removing that banner don't means to
    Andrés> recompile my daemon.

You didn't say what SSH software you're running.

--
  Richard Silverman
  slade@shore.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange 2003, OWA fails. Error 503
    ... "andres" wrote in message ... placed in Drafts, but sending with OWA, the mail is placed in "Outbox" but I think the mail doesn't go to the SMTP server. ... then Exchange thinks that it has sent the message. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Timeout, how to get rid of it.
    ... Alias ... "Andres Mihhailov" wrote ... I am having problems with downloading emails. ... : server. ...