X11 forwarding not working through ssh

From: John Stone (billy_bob@mailexcite.com)
Date: 04/04/02

From: billy_bob@mailexcite.com (John Stone)
Date: 3 Apr 2002 17:21:16 -0800

I have installed opensshd on an HP-UX 11.0 computer. I run sshd with
the Xforwarding on in the sshd_config file, but when I try to run a
program like xterm on a remote display I get the error message:

X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I am confident that there
is something wrong with the sshd setup on the unix machine, but the
forwarding is on.

I installed openssh-3.1p1 binaries from
http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Networking/Admin/openssh-3.1p1/

I also installed the binaries for openssl-0.9.6 and zlib-1.1.4 from
the same site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Stone

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Rebuilding OpenSSH on RedHat 7.3
    ... I compiled using a prefix of /usr instead of /usr/local, ... seem to put the daemon in /usr/sbin where the default location is for RH ... the init script points at the correct sshd. ... other binaries are not in the right place because sshd that got ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • [HPADM] Running OpenSSH as a Daemon on HP-UX 11.11
    ... I want to run OpenSSH 4.1 as a daemon (sshd) rather than via inetd, on a HP-UX ... server. ... University of Chester ...
    (HP-UX-Admin)
  • HP-UX shadow password
    ... I have manages to get HP-UX to authenticate with /etc/shadow password ... but I seem not to be able to get sshd to look into shadow file for ... Compiling server: HP-UX 10.20 ...
    (comp.security.ssh)