scp logged anywhere? (ftp-like logs)

From: goo (goo@q.com)
Date: 03/27/02

From: goo <goo@q.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:37:03 -0500

I'm just wondering....

I've looked through the logs and man pages and cna't find anything to show
scp activity or to enable logging of scp.

I want to be able to create detailed logs for scp much like ftp logs.
(scp, from where, what file, time, etc) so I can see what's going on.

As far as I can tell, I cna't even log when an scp connection has been made
unless I run a ps and find the currently running scp connections but that
only tells me basic info. Am I right in thinking that only the parent sshd
authentication is logged and that's it. I don't want to use the debug
option becasu I don't want 100Meg log files of mostly nonsense. Is DEBUG
the same as the fascist option that seems to be gone?

How about a utility that shows status of ssh conencions like smbstatus for
samba or ftpwho for proftpd? Is there such a monitoring program?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Two odd problems with STABLE-10 r262921
    ... machine for which I have a cert and can scp back and forth. ... in the logs or on the console. ... Also, for debugging sendmail issues, I usually crank up on the command ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Two odd problems with STABLE-10 r262921
    ... machine for which I have a cert and can scp back and forth. ... in the logs or on the console. ... Also, for debugging sendmail issues, I usually crank up on the command line ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: scp vs rcp
    ... Using the standard load, ... logs at roughly 1/4 the speed of rcp. ... the scp of files. ... significant load (kicking out archive logs every 2-3 minutes). ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: scp logged anywhere? (ftp-like logs)
    ... goo> logs. ... goo> what's going on. ... There is no such thing as an "scp connection," per se. ... simply an SSH connection in which the remote command the user happens to ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • sftp server fail
    ... I can log into a remote server with no problems, ... I can scp stuff TO the server, ... debug: server offers auth methods 'publickey,password'. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)