scp logged anywhere? (ftp-like logs)

From: goo (goo@q.com)
Date: 03/27/02

From: goo <goo@q.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:37:03 -0500

I'm just wondering....

I've looked through the logs and man pages and cna't find anything to show
scp activity or to enable logging of scp.

I want to be able to create detailed logs for scp much like ftp logs.
(scp, from where, what file, time, etc) so I can see what's going on.

As far as I can tell, I cna't even log when an scp connection has been made
unless I run a ps and find the currently running scp connections but that
only tells me basic info. Am I right in thinking that only the parent sshd
authentication is logged and that's it. I don't want to use the debug
option becasu I don't want 100Meg log files of mostly nonsense. Is DEBUG
the same as the fascist option that seems to be gone?

How about a utility that shows status of ssh conencions like smbstatus for
samba or ftpwho for proftpd? Is there such a monitoring program?