Re: Trouble with scp (newbie)

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 03/14/02

From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:33:46 GMT

"Coby Beck" <cbeck@mercury.bc.ca> wrote in message
news:BRMj8.285364$A44.15714158@news2.calgary.shaw.ca...
> Hello, Group!
>
> I have poked around where I thought I would find help, if this is a FAQ
> please direct me to it...
>
> I have installed putty on my Windows ME system. I can log in to a Linux
> server. I can see the file I want. But I cannot seem to transfer it to
my
> windows box.
>
> me@myhost: scp -p myhost:myfile.zip .
> me@myhost: scp -p myhost:myfile.zip "C:\target-dir\"

??? Is this your command as run on your WinME box? Or on your Linux box?

You can either use "pscp", the new "WinSCP2" graphical client, or install
OpenSSH as part of CygWin to provide an ssh server on your WinME box, if you
want one.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Remote Desktop Connection
    ... > I alreadytried the Remote Desktop Connection from my Linux box. ... > I can open a window showing the remote Windows screen. ... SCP requires an ssh server at the other end... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?
    ... (new to SSH and Linux Security) ... WIndows share, the user needs to be a WIndows Domain user which also ... means that the Linux SSH server needs to authenticate with WIndows ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?
    ... Why not run an ssh server like VanDyke's server on Windows? ... means that the Linux SSH server needs to authenticate with WIndows ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: (newbies) ssh putty win linux modem & eth0 ...
    ... > It is the first time i use ssh and all this stuff... ... > my linux computer only has an eth card on the network ... > my windows computer has two connections: ... > I tried to use PUTTY to connect to the ssh server on linux and here is ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Redhat -samaba and Windows ME
    ... I have a Windows ME pc, and a Linux Pc ... E.g. sam is logged into WinME, is there a sam on the ...
    (linux.redhat)