Re: Couldn't connect to PRNGD socket

From: Torkel Mathisen (tmat@ergo.not)
Date: 02/22/02

From: Torkel Mathisen <tmat@ergo.not>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:31:22 +0100

In article <3c76161a@mailgate.hag.hilti.com>, skaghk@hotmail.com says...
> After upgradein a Solaris 2.6 box fom OpenSSH_2.9p2 to OpenSSH_3.0.2p1, I
> can't start ssh(d) any more. The Installation itself was successfull, bit
> whenever I try to start the shell or the daemon, I get the following error
> message:
>
> <snip>
> # /etc/init.d/sshd start
> starting SSHD daemon Couldn't connect to PRNGD socket
> "/var/spool/prngd/pool": No such file or directory
> Entropy collection failed and entropy exhausted
> #
> # ssh miraculix
> Couldn't connect to PRNGD socket "/var/spool/prngd/pool": No such file or
> directory
> Entropy collection failed and entropy exhausted
> #
> </snip>
>
> What the hell is a PRNGD socket? I didnt find anything about it on the man
> pages.

Take a look at http://www.sunfreeware.com/openssh.html

Regards,
Torkel

--
Remove t at the end of email when replaying.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Start scripts under linux
    ... You'll find that processes launched from a shell are NOT ... different session or to set them to ignore sighup, ... Daemon threads are indeed cleaned up by the interpreter as ... will die when the last user thread dies. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • RE: proftpd using nobody user with /bin/sh ?
    ... "The daemon do not start a shell (that is started ... Ok, but i don't want ftp users to have any kind of access to shells, just ... Should I remove in /bin/sh for user nobody in /etc/password? ... When you run a daemon it changes his user id to something (in this ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Daemon question
    ... Why would it matter which process terminates first? ... A daemon is nothing but a process without a controlling tty. ... First, if the daemon was started as a simple shell command, having the ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Getting system info using perl
    ... updation query to another daemon. ... was looking at perl modules which would give me this info - but after ... done faster without opening a shell? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: AIX AUTHENTICATION VIA SSH
    ... > Is it possible to perform secondary auth through the openssh sshd ... > daemon on AIX?I need to write code to prompt a user for additional ... Couldn't you write your own wrapper for whatever shell you want the user to ...
    (comp.unix.aix)