Re: "Don't panic"?

From: Markus Friedl (msfriedl@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: 01/30/02

From: msfriedl@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Markus Friedl)
Date: 30 Jan 2002 12:36:59 GMT

In <NxI58.4188$0V6.1934@nwrddc02.gnilink.net> "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@bellatlantic.net> writes:

>Richard, I've been seeing a *lot* of system scans over the last few months.
>People are breaking into one vulnerable box and using it as a springboard to
>scan entire networks. Reporting such random connection attempts helps track
>the penetrated machines so that the administrators can get them cleaned up:
>I've personally found such reports about my own network to be quite useful
>in finding un-secured machines at my new job.

sure, but from my experience it's better to spend
the time fixing the problems instead of hunting scanners.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FOX Entertainment "News" does it again
    ... OK I had not seen where other networks were reporting it as a fraud. ... FOX is constantly being slammed by the other networks. ... So when Fox broadcast the ACORN stuff they ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: I am sorry I have been a little rude lately
    ... corporate run national TV networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, MSNBC, or half a ... the network news, supplemented with the local reporting. ... Sandy has a better point IMO if he focused on the general parochialism ...
    (rec.bicycles.racing)
  • Re: Free WIFI detector programs for ue on the road.
    ... and started the proggy. ... and vista is reporting it needs a security key. ... i dont now connect to networks that i find are unsecured, mainly because there are *very few* to be found these days. ... should consult you qualified legal practitioner or psychiatrist for advice. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcaravans)
  • Re: FOX Entertainment "News" does it again
    ... any other means of correction as Olberman and maddow and matthews do ... The difference being that neither Olbermann nor Maddow nor Mathews ... OK I had not seen where other networks were reporting it as a fraud. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: FOX Entertainment "News" does it again
    ... any other means of correction as Olberman and maddow and matthews do ... OK I had not seen where other networks were reporting it as a fraud. ... FOX is constantly being slammed by the other networks. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)