prompt for username

From: Michael R. Fox (mrf4u@node7.unix.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 01/10/02

    From: mrf4u@node7.unix.Virginia.EDU (Michael R. Fox)
    Date: 10 Jan 2002 15:08:59 -0500

    How can I make ssh prompt the user for the username and password after
    ssh has been invoked? Also, where does ssh receive the username; what
    variable does it get the username from? I know it doesn't get it from
    $USER or $LOGNAME.

    Thank you,
    Michael

    Michael Fox				Email: res-consult@virginia.edu
    Student Research Computing Consultant	Center Phone: (434) 243 - 8800

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: SSH
      ... I'm connecting from different network eth0 is ... Subject: SSH ... your logged in username is the same as the SSH valid username then you ... Your FC5 SSH server has users john, mary, steve, and paul. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Net::SSH channel_failure: 0 Error on Remote Host
      ... I think this may be due to how a WLC prompts for login credentials; ... Username: username ... queueing packet nr 5 type 50 len 60 ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • SSH authentication via PAM
      ... I'm attempting to integrate SSH with Pluggable Authentication Modules on ... My problem is that the ACS has usernames ... SSH tests the username against legitimate users on localhost and reports ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Read User Input using X
      ... from a common windows computer to my application. ... username@server" where username is a windows environment variable. ... So I want an option that will peform ssh to the server. ...
      (comp.os.linux.x)