starting ssh from inetd

From: Tony (tony.wong@stanford.edu)
Date: 01/09/02

From: "Tony" <tony.wong@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:32:33 -0800

ssh stream tcp nowait root
/usr/local/etc/openssh-3.0.2p1/sshd sshd -i

When I put this above in my inetd.conf file and start inetd,

I get the following error in my logs:

[ID 965992 daemon.error] ssh/tcp: unknown service

any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: inetd issues
    ... whoops sorry its a trojan catcher. ... here is whats running from inetd note in.sub7 when I ran md5 against ... telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.telnetd ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Weird inetd behavior
    ... I have a weird problem regarding my inetd. ... offer through inetd are telnet and some netbackup processes: ... bpcd stream tcp nowait root /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: starting ssh from inetd
    ... > ssh stream tcp nowait root ... But why do you want to run sshd out of inetd? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to setup RSHD and start it for use with MPICH
    ... discard stream tcp nowait root internal ... discard dgram udp wait root internal ... > csatm4atm.localatm cameron ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: How to setup RSHD and start it for use with MPICH
    ... discard stream tcp nowait root internal ... discard dgram udp wait root internal ... > csatm4atm.localatm cameron ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)