Restrict access (Chroot) for sftp Openssh

From: Douglas (cngee_wei@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/09/02

From: cngee_wei@hotmail.com (Douglas)
Date: 9 Jan 2002 02:08:59 -0800

Hi Guys,
   This forum is great. I have a problem here. I've been trying to
configure OpenSSH to restrict users to a certain directory during SFTP
but to no success. Is there a way to chroot the users doing sftp into
the server and limiting them to the particular directory only?

Hope anybody out there can help me. I'm desperate.

Thanks guys!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Restricting sftp commands
    ... restrict users to the desired actions. ... They could always try a "get" command, but it would fail if they tried ... they used to access the server - sftp, ssh, console, etc. ... I block SSh and the others. ...
    (SSH)
  • SSHD restriction
    ... I have a linux debian server which provide web, sftp, ssh. ... I have 4 users and I would like to restrict users to stay only into their ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Does OpenSSH use RCP?
    ... > with someone about the difference between OpenSSH and SFTP. ... > SFTP) than SCP will fail. ... OpenSSH uses an implementation that is compatible to the original SSH ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Another bug in SSH in FreeBSD 8.4 (sftp cannot create relative symlinks)
    ... Beside my previous complaint about sshd not starting after upgrade from FreeBSD 8.3 to 8.4 due to incompatible change in parsing sshd_config with empty VersionAddendum, there is another more serious bug in newly imported SSH in base which I am not able to fix / workaround. ... OpenSSH 6.1 is creating broken symlinks with sftp command on OpenSSH 5.4 server with chrooted account. ... The sftp command used for creating the symlink is: ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: sftp server with speed throttling
    ... configuration work or pass sftp traffic through PF and throttle it ... Only OpenSSH alternative I use sometimes is ... would like to use SSH for the connections, as opposed to FTP, but I ... directives to chroot the groupand/or userthat are to have ...
    (freebsd-questions)