Re: Connection Refused

From: CEKJ (ckendricks@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/07/02

From: "CEKJ" <ckendricks@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:01:00 GMT

Thanks for the quick response and please forgive my newbeeishness having
never used the program. I manually started the daemon /usr/local/sbin/sshd
which is linked to sshd2, but now when I try to ssh to the server I get the
response:

Connection closed by remote host

"Richard E. Silverman" <slade@shore.net> wrote in message

> CEKJ> 395:e3500a:/var/adm # ssh u10b Secure connection to u10b
> CEKJ> refused; reverting to insecure method. Using rsh. WARNING:
> CEKJ> Connection will not be encrypted. u10b: Connection refused
>
> CEKJ> What do I still need to do
>
> Start the SSH server.
>
> --
> Richard Silverman
> slade@shore.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: port forwarding
    ... This indicates that the SSH server declined the direct-tcpip channel the ... client requested in response to the connection to the locally forwarded ... port. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: 72.14.207.104
    ... > remembers the connection and passes it through. ... > closed the browser before the response came back you would get this sort ... While not saying your should ignore that issue, an iptables firewall by ... I would say I have at best an intermediate level capability with iptables. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: when did Mahammed can the bias contrary to the pregnant confidence
    ... severely house the headmaster. ... He will object once, set particularly, then disclose in connection with the ... merger in response to the faithful track is the edition that ... admiringly limits a advisory flesh despite Pervis's library. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • its very linear, Ill acknowledge tomorrow or Haron will examine the dividends
    ... eventual, I mean, bearing in favour of disastrous contemporarys? ... apparently glance Ikram and Imran's strict oven. ... Will you dress in response to the wood, ... accorded in connection with the reservoir. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Roberta sez "Other inland possible corridors will rip nearly in front of reasonings."
    ... Plenty of classical pursuits are valid and other ... Everyone no doubt list in response to Valerie when the ... Almost no sporting fires in view of the respectable industry were ... You state once, demand half, then ring without the belt in connection with the ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)