OpenSSH error - Cannot find ELF<> <>

From: roadkill (roadkill@mailpad.com)
Date: 01/03/02

From: roadkill@mailpad.com (roadkill)
Date: 3 Jan 2002 09:22:10 -0800

Hi all,

Running Solaris 8 (07/01 update with GNU companion)
on a Sunblade 1000, using gcc.

I get the following error during the "make install" for
OpenSSH on each of the executables :

/opt/local/bin/ginstall -c -m 4711 -s ssh /usr/local/bin/ssh
BFD: /usr/local/bin/stvwayKG: warning: allocated section `.interp' not in segment

When I try to run any of the executables, I get an error
message like:

ssh: Cannot find ELF<> <>
Killed

Note that the "<>" are actually binary characters
that show up as diamonds in my xterm - not sure which
character that is...

I have tried completely rebuilding with both gld
as the linker and /usr/ucb/ld as the linker, same
result for both...

I have successfully built quite a few programs
on this box as it sits, including apache,
OpenSSL, and various Gnome applications. so I am
reasonably convinced that the gcc install is working
fairly well.

Any help would be appreciated,
roadkill@mailpad.com