OpenSSH error - Cannot find ELF<> <>

From: roadkill (roadkill@mailpad.com)
Date: 01/03/02

From: roadkill@mailpad.com (roadkill)
Date: 3 Jan 2002 09:22:10 -0800

Hi all,

Running Solaris 8 (07/01 update with GNU companion)
on a Sunblade 1000, using gcc.

I get the following error during the "make install" for
OpenSSH on each of the executables :

/opt/local/bin/ginstall -c -m 4711 -s ssh /usr/local/bin/ssh
BFD: /usr/local/bin/stvwayKG: warning: allocated section `.interp' not in segment

When I try to run any of the executables, I get an error
message like:

ssh: Cannot find ELF<> <>
Killed

Note that the "<>" are actually binary characters
that show up as diamonds in my xterm - not sure which
character that is...

I have tried completely rebuilding with both gld
as the linker and /usr/ucb/ld as the linker, same
result for both...

I have successfully built quite a few programs
on this box as it sits, including apache,
OpenSSL, and various Gnome applications. so I am
reasonably convinced that the gcc install is working
fairly well.

Any help would be appreciated,
roadkill@mailpad.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Problems with kxdocker
    ... I am attempting to install kxdocker in SuSE10.1 under KDE.. ... checking for gcc... ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ... checking how to recognise dependent libraries... ...
    (SuSE)
  • installing X libraries?? -- need your help!
    ... Then I tried to install a kdm theme called "QtCurve- ... checking for gcc... ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ... checking how to recognise dependent libraries... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [SLE] Problems with kxdocker
    ... I am attempting to install kxdocker in SuSE10.1 under KDE.. ... checking for gcc... ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ... checking how to recognise dependent libraries... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: RMagick
    ... ronald-greens-imac:~ ron$ sudo gem install rmagick ... checking for gcc... ... You have to install development tools first. ... to actually execute gcc. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Problems installing Aide-0.9 on YDL 3.0 - PPC Mac
    ... checking for gcc... ... checking for ushort typedef... ... Install it or try --without-zlib. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)