Failed publickey authenticationFrom: jfw@radiDELMEx.net
- Next message: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Trance-Formation of America: Epilogue"
- Previous message: jms: "Re: Cannot authenticate from RedHat 7.1"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: jfw@radiDELMEx.net Date: 28 Dec 2001 22:17:54 GMT
I'm trying to set up public-key authentication on a SCO OpenServer but
the OpenSSH 3.0.1'sshd -d' output keeps gives me:
Failed publickey for USER from XXX.YYY.WWW.ZZZ port 1818 ssh2
I can password in with no problem. I *think* I did all the steps right:
1. su USER
for i in rsa1 dsa rsa
ssh-keygen -t $i
2. FTP the 3 public keys into the server's /tmp directory:
3. Put public keys in the right place:
cat /tmp/identity.pub >> $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys
cat /tmp/id_dsa.pub >> $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2
cat /tmp/id_rsa.pub >> $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2
4. Give everything the right permissions:
chmod 755 $HOME
chmod 755 $HOME/.ssh
chmod 644 $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys
chmod 644 $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2
chown -R USER:sys $HOME
Am I missing a step?